Overview of Project
MSL provided our client with Full “field to BIM” and “BIM to field” solution for all Mechanical and Electrical systems on this base build retro fit/install project. The project was located in Leinster, Ireland at a large Semi-Conductor plant. The project involved 70,000+ man hours with up to 20 surveyors and 5 CAD/BIM professionals working around the clock to ensure that every single system was built right first time and modelled accurately for “next day” model update. Our client also benefited from efficient production of Record drawings (As-builts) for final submission to their client.
A bespoke 3 stage workflow was implemented on this project as follows:
- Up front verification of proposed design routings with each of the Mechanical and Electrical Engineers.
- Progressive Build survey guidance during construction to ensure every system built “right first time”.
- Detailed as-built survey of all key system components and “points of connection” for immediate BIM updates and future install activities.
- Leica TS15 total station with controllers
- Leica P20 scanners
- Kinetic hand scanners for data capture in congested areas
- Leica TS15 & Motion tablet Hybrid system with “on site” model view and model clash checking capabilities
- Leica DNA digital levels