Project Duration 4 Weeks
Survey Control (GPS, TPS, Levelling) 5 Days
- 11 Primary Stations
- 16 Ancillary Stations
- Over 400 Co-ordinated Control Targets
- On- Site Laser Scanning 7 Days
- 212 Individual Laser Scans
- Unified Point Cloud with over 6 Billion Points
- Mean Absolute Error 3mm, over 3600 registration constraints
The benefits of the Z+F IMAGER® 5010C:
- Integrated calibrated camera
- Best balanced colour imagery through
- Z+F High Dynamic Range Technology
- 80 Megapixel full panorama generation
- Extreme high speed laser sensor
- Total eyesafety guaranteed by laser class 1
- IP 53 conformity: dust & water resistant
Project Observations & Recommendations
- Coordinate systems with point clouds a large distance from the origin cause the point cloud rendering engine (Autodesk ReCap) to break down causing display artefacts.
- It is recommended to setup a local datum before unification or export for indexing in Autodesk ReCap and for later use in BIM authoring software such as Autodesk Revit or Autodesk Navisworks.
- We also recommend indexing individual scans (.rcs)for a ReCap Project file (.rcp) to give access to the full accuracy & resolution.