Bord Gais commissioned a Gama Power Systems/GE (General Electric) consortium to design and build a 450MW combined cycle gas turbine (CCGT) power plant on a site adjacent to the ConocoPhilips Refinery in Whitegate, Co. Cork at an estimated cost of €400m. The commercial operation of the power plant commenced in July 2010.
APC (Atlantic Projects Company) is one of Irelands’ and the worlds’ most experienced erectors of heavy-duty industrial gas and steam turbines, installing more than 250 large gas and steam turbines totaling in excess of 25,000MW, at power plants, petro-chemical and industrial facilities worldwide. The company has an outstanding world-wide reputation as capable of achieving exacting standards.
Project surveyors for Mechanical and E&I installation of Centerline of IPP 450MW Combined Cycle Power Plant.
Surveys Carried Out
- The carrying out of detailed as-built surveys of heavy foundations in preparation for the installation of foundation interface hardware for setting of the main heavy power generation packages. Preparation of CAD drawings of the as found conditions.
- Accurately surveying the foundations including anchor bolt positions, elevations, verticality; grout pocket elevations & positions; dimensional checks of all other embedments and opes for conformity with drawing.
- Establishing of elevation datums (TBM) for setting combustion turbine, generator and other auxiliary equipment.
- Establishing positional control for setting unit axial and transverse centerlines and setting out same to best fit as found bolts.
- Assisting mechanical contractors in accurately setting out fixators (+/- 0.25mm elevation) for turbine and generator to correct position and elevation in
- preparation for setting equipment.
- Setting out and verification of other key equipment on site.
- Preparation & submission of survey report in hardcopy and electronic format.
- Surveying Consultants liaising with numerous on site contactors.
The degree of accuracy consistently achieved throughout this project has further strengthened our reputation as a one of the most experienced, professional, innovative and technically proficient survey companies in Ireland today. Murphy Surveys understand the large responsibility that comes with our role, especially when delivering critical measurements on such important infrastructural projects. We strive for excellence in all aspects of our work and this has been apparent on this project.